- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make sure your chicken pieces are at a uniform thickness, ½ to inch. If they are not, place them in a zip-top bag one at a time and use a meat mallet or heavy-bottomed skillet to pound them to a more even
- In a covered dish or zip-top bag, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but preferably at least a few hours (overnight is great).
- When ready to cook, heat a grill (outdoors) or grill pan (indoors) over medium-high heat, 375 to 400.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes on the first side, or until the chicken easily releases from the grill (or pan), then flip and cook for 5 minutes or so on the second side, until the juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer registers an internal temp of 160— carryover cooking will bring this up to 165 once the chicken has been removed from the oven.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and eat as is or use in your favorite