Oatmeal Protein Pancakes Recipe
Do the kids (you) like pancakes, but you want something a little healthier than the traditional? These pancakes are quick and easy, the kids won’t know the difference.
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 whole free range eggs (or 4 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I use the Ninja Fit single serve) and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
2. Lightly spray griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet.
4. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown.
5. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter.
6. Top your pancakes with fresh berries and add a drizzle of maple syrup.