Peanut Butter Protein Balls/Bars
Quick and easy no bake snack that is overall pretty healthy and helps to feed that sweet tooth!
- 1 cup peanut butter (warmed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- 60 gr (2-2.5 scoops) ASCENT Whey Protein
- Vanilla whey protein
- Chocolate whey protein or
- Choc/Peanut Butter whey protein
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (or a few more) 😁
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a pot, put it on the stove med/low.
- Stir for a couple minutes until the peanut butter and honey become almost liquid….then add the other ingredients.
- You can use a cookie scoop to make them into balls or I just put them in a small pan to cut into bars after they cooled.
- Put in fridge or freezer to let cool…then enjoy!
- I keep forgetting to add the ground flaxseed and they have turned out great.
- One time I used Vanilla ASCENT and they tasted great. Another time I did a double batch and used half Vanilla ASCENT and half Choc/PB ASCENT protein…they were also great.
- They are calorie dense but seem pretty filling, just be thinking of that when you are eating them. Plug into My Fit Pal if you want the math but the whole batch should be around 2500 calories.
Store – (airtight container) in fridge for a week or freeze up to 3 months.